A-level exam preparation
giasuib.com – The English Baccalaureate – A-level program is currently selected to teach at many international high schools around the world. A-level exam preparation attracts many students who intend to study abroad, especially for studying in the UK. By A-level is the stepping stone to enter the top universities.
Levels in the A-level program
- The first year, called the AS-level year (or A1-level).
- The last year, called the A-year (or A2-level).
- At the end of each school year, schools will hold an AS-level or A-level exam.
About A-level program
The program lasts for 2 years with a total of more than 70 subjects for students to choose based on their abilities, interests and future orientation:
- AS-level: students will choose from 4 to 6 subjects.
- A-level: students will choose 3 subjects related to university majors in 4-6 subjects from AS-level.
- Students must study at least 3 subjects in order to receive A-levels.
Students can take the AS-level certificate and transfer to other university preparatory programs such as Foundation, Fast-Track A-level,… not necessarily go to A2-level.
There are 6 boards that design the curriculum, organize and take A-level examinations, including: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, CCEA, WJEC, CIE. A school may associate with only one examination board for all subjects taught, but there is also a school that will associate with each exam council for each subject. Therefore, there will be cases where a student attends a school but takes 3 A-level subjects with 1 or 2 or 3 different exam boards.
For more: A-level program tutor
- AS-level scores range from A to E.
- A-level scores range from A* to E.
- AS-level does not have an A*.
The A-level scale when converted into UCAS points is as follows:
Conditions for getting A-level diploma
- Get at least a D for each subject.
- However, universities require a minimum score of C and most top schools recruit students with grade A and B.
A-level program entry requirements
The A-level program does not require students to complete lower levels of IGCSE as long as they meet some of the following admission requirements:
- Completed 10th grade knowledge.
- Good academic English level.
- The ability to attend a challenging program.
- Test of knowledge input in English.
International schools teach A-level program
- BVIS (British Vietnamese International School).
- SIS (Singapore International School).
A-level teaching intensive knowledge equivalent to the first year of college to prepare students for a solid foundation upon entering this academic environment. Therefore, if you do not invest seriously studying, it is difficult for them to adapt and achieve the target score to save the ticket to the desired school. Therefore, students who are studying for A-level need to have A-level exam preparation path from the beginning to be able to complete and receive this prestigious English Baccalaureate degree.
For more: A-level tutoring center
- Set goals for scores in all 3 subjects.
- Plan study from overview to detail for each subject.
- Refer to IB books from different publishers.
- Exchange lessons with friends.
- Ask teachers in charge of a subject when problems arise.
- Self-research, reading, referencing from friends, teachers will help students remember knowledge for a long time.
- With the same amount of time, friends cannot spend too much time helping them.
- Practically with class time no teacher can impart all the program knowledge along with a full range of exercises from basic to advanced.
Practice A-level exam with tutors
- Strengthen solid foundation knowledge.
- Able to ask all questions about A-level knowledge and exercises.
- Instructed on solving advanced exercises to get the maximum score.
- High cost due to difficult program characteristics.