Can freelance candidate register for IB exam?
giasuib.com – IB is a global education program, widely developed and recognized by universities and colleges all over the world. Having an IB diploma means that students are highly appreciated for their ability to think, analyze, synthesize and create. But can freelance candidate register for IB exam?
IB is for students from 3 to 19 years old including 3 teaching programs:
- Primary Years Program: 3 to 12 years old.
- Middle Years Program: 11 to 16 years old.
- DP (Diploma Program): 16 to 19 years old.
In order to obtain IB diploma, students must attend international schools that meet the requirements of IBO in terms of size, area, facilities, quality of teachers, teaching equipment… and those schools are licensed to teach IB. Each student will choose for themselves 6 subjects in the 6 subject groups, including at least 3 high level subjects or no more than 4 high level subjects, the rest is the standard level. For the Arts group, students can choose one of the 5 subject groups left for replacement.
For more: Tutor for IB in Vietnam
6 groups of subjects include:
- First language group: English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese.
- Second language group: English, French, Spanish…
- Individual and social group: History, Geography, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology…
- Natural science group: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Computer Science…
- Math group.
- Art group: Visual Art, Theater, Cinema, Nature of Science…
For more: Is it difficult to study IB?
In addition to the above 6 subjects, there are 3 core programs that students need to complete:
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK): Ask students to deeply understand and apply the nature of knowledge.
- Extracurricular Activities (Creativity, Activity, Service – CAS): Teaching life skills to students, writing lessons about art, sports and volunteer activities.
- Extended Essay (EE): Students conduct independent research and write an essay about 4,000 words.
Freelance candidate cannot register for IB exam, only students who attend IB program at the international schools are allowed to hold the teaching license from IBO can participate in the first and second year exam at their current school. At the same time, students need to complete the extracurricular activities to receive IB diploma. That is the answer for the question: Can freelance candidate register for IB exam?
For more: IB exam preparation in HCMC