Useful A-level Math materials for references at home
giasuib.com – A-level Math can make many students difficult due to the difficulty and abundance of content. Here are the following useful A-level Math materials for references at home which can help students grasp issues from basic to complex.
Because A-level results will be graded and announced by different exam boards in the UK, including AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, and CAIE, so it is best for students to look for A-level Math materials that are suitable for the exam board you are registering for:
- A-Level Further Mathematics for OCR A Pure Core Student Book 1 (Year 1): Suitable for those who want to synthesize the core content of AS Level. It balances the background knowledge with a wealth of worked examples which help students to easily absorb theories by doing exercises. Besides, to test and consolidate learning, providing a clear and structured pathway for progressing through the course at school effectively.
- A-Level Further Mathematics for OCR A Pure Core Student Book 2 (Year 2): This provides the foundation for the A-level Math program in Year 2 with a balance between theory and practice. In addition, if you do not have an effective A-level Math study path, this is definitely a suitable book. It is presented clearly and specific and underpinned by a strong pedagogical approach, including answers to aid independent study.
For more: Tutor for A-level program in Vietnam
- Edexcel A-level Mathematics Pure Mathematics Year 1 (& Year 2) Textbook + e-book (A level Maths and Further Maths): The book includes all the content related to the Edexcel A level Pure Mathematics exams to help students focus on problem-solving based on lectures and examples. Practice and exam questions are included in every topic (in the SolutionBank section), instructions for using the GeoGebra dynamic geometry software, and how to do calculations using a Casio calculator. It even offers free online access to the entire book (valid for 3 years from activation) and lots of practice and review exercises to familiarize students with the subject.
- AQA A-Level Maths: Year 1 / AS Student Book: Provides exercises for each topic, including exam questions and step-by-step solutions that are detailed and easy to understand. In addition, there are many review exercises to test the entire knowledge of the curriculum (with answers at the end of the book). The book also provides links to the website MyMaths.co.uk after each exercise to suggest a quick and effective learning path for students.
- AQA A-Level Maths: Year 2 Student Book: This covers all the pure maths, mechanics, and statistics content needed, it provides dedicated exercises in every chapter for exam-style problem-solving and modeling questions. Throughout the book, the explanatory text is clear and concise, with abundant worked examples to show how key techniques can be used and common mistakes to avoid. The book links MyMaths.co.uk appear at the bottom of all exercises, providing a quick boost to the best study route.
For more: A-level exam preparation tips
Methods to review A-level Math at home
After choosing useful A-level Math materials for reference at home, in order to effectively use those, you should simultaneously apply appropriate A-level Math review methods at home:
- Listening and taking notes at school: Time for school studying is limited, students should pay high attention to listening and taking full notes so that the study process is not tackled.
- Systematize knowledge daily: To study A-level Math well, students need to keep revising and practicing old and new kinds of exercises. A useful method you should consider maintaining every day is to self-systemize knowledge such as formulas, test procedures, presentation, etc. into a storage place (files, notebooks, etc.) so that when needed, you can review it many times and use it right away.
- Choose the suitable study method: If you are bored with self-study, you can propose to study in pairs, study groups, or study at a center to change the approach to knowledge and increase learning efficiency.