IGCSE exam preparation
giasuib.com – International Secondary Education Certificate – IGCSE is taught to students in grade 9-10 at most international high schools. IGCSE exam preparation is a step to transfer to higher preparatory programs.
Levels in the IGCSE program
Each subject in the IGCSE program has 2 levels for students to choose:
- Particularly in Math, there are Additional and International levels for students oriented to major subjects related to Math.
About the IGCSE program
The program lasts 2 years with a total of more than 70 subjects for students to choose.
- Usually each student will choose between 6 and 9 subjects.
- Including 3 compulsory subjects: Math and English and Science.
- In addition, students can choose to study up to 4 electives depending on their ability, interests and future orientation.
- For Core level: students only get the highest score from C – G.
- For Extended level: scores range from A* – E
Conditions for getting IGCSE certificate
- Achieve at least E for each Extended level and at least G for each Core level.
- However, universities require a minimum score of C and most top schools recruit students with a B or higher.
For more: What is IGCSE certificate?
Entry requirements for the IGCSE program
The IGCSE program does not require students to complete a lower grade than the Key Stage 1-2-3 as long as they meet some of the following entry requirements:
- Completed 8th grade knowledge.
- Good academic English level.
- The ability to attend a challenging program.
- Test of knowledge input in English.
International schools teach IGCSE program
- BIS (British International School)
- BVIS (British Vietnamese International School)
- AIS (Australian International School)
- ABCIS (ABC International School)
- SIS (Singapore International School)…
Knowledge in the IGCSE program is not too difficult but with a relatively large number of subjects and to create a good foundation for studying university preparatory programs such as IB, AP, A-level,… IGSCE exam preparation will help students gain solid knowledge to adapt to the higher education program.
- Set goals for each subject.
- Plan study from overview to detail for each subject.
- Refer to IGCSE books from different publishers.
- Exchange lessons with friends.
- Ask teachers in charge of a subject when problems arise.
For more: IGCSE exam preparation tips
- Self-research, reading, referencing from friends, teachers will help students remember knowledge for a long time.
- With the same amount of time and the same number of IGCSE subjects, friends cannot spend too much time helping them.
- Practically with class time no teacher can impart all the program knowledge along with a full range of exercises from basic to advanced.
IGCSE exam preparation with tutors
- Strengthen solid foundation knowledge.
- Can ask all questions about IGCSE knowledge and exercises.
- Instructed on solving advanced exercises to get the maximum score.
- High cost due to the relatively difficult program characteristics.