How can find suitable IB English Language and Literature reference books?
giasuib.com – In order to be better prepared for subjects like IB English Language and Literature, students must be equipped with enough materials. How can find suitable IB English Language and Literature reference books?
- How to find IB English Language and Literature tutors?
- Which is a qualified English Language and Literature tutoring center?
- Intertu Academy
What are the differences between IB English Language and Literature?
IB English Language and Literature is different from other IB subjects in that it does not have a rigid curriculum with detailed topics. Instead, your class (or most likely your teacher) is free to choose which works (from the prescribed list of authors and the list of literature specified in translation from IBO) to teach.
In all of IB English A assessments, students are asked to write an essay that incorporates examples from novels, poems, plays, and other texts they have read. In addition, students are asked to interpret a text that they read for the first time in the exam. But how can find suitable IB English Language and Literature reference books?
For more: IB tutors
IB English Language and Literature’s learning and teaching materials
- Oxford IB Diploma Programme: IB Prepared: English A Language and Literature
- Developed directly with IBO to provide the most up-to-date, authentic, and authoritative guide to IBDP assessments.
- Ensure that learners understand the assessment requirements with clear explanations of each component and past paper documents.
- Provides review tips highlighting common mistakes as well as annotated answers to maximize student scores.
- IB English A: Language and Literature Online Course Book:
- Provides materials of English A: Language and Literature for every aspect, with in-depth content on new course structure.
- Giving students an overview of writing structures and practice questions with which students can be well-equipped for IB’s Internal Assessments.
- Develop students’ literary analysis of the nuances of different types of texts through explanations, extracts, and exercises.
- Furthermore, there are also websites like Shmoop, Grade Saver, and LitCharts that help IB students with IB English in general.
For more: GMAT tutors
First thing first, in order to know how to find suitable IB English Language and Literature materials, students must have a clear grasp of their own academic level. Once they know their strengths and weaknesses, students can choose their own materials because they know what they need to improve themselves.
In addition to knowing their strengths, students also need to know the exam structure as well as the curriculum structure so that they can find appropriate materials and textbooks to help prepare for the IAs and future exams. You can check out the teacher’s teaching materials here.
Last but not least, you have to update and keep your class notes, because external textbooks may not be of much help when there is nothing to compare with. However, if students combine what is taught in class with the content from textbooks, both learning and revision will be more effective.
For more: Literature in English