How to choose the appropriate IGCSE subjects?
giasuib.com – IGCSE is a widely taught international high school certificate that covers a wide range of subjects. The number of subjects makes many students confused about how to choose the appropriate IGCSE subjects?
IGCSE is a two-year International High School Program for students in grades 9-10 administered by Cambridge, providing a solid foundation for further studies such as A-level or IB.
Each subject in the program is assessed from an A* to a G. If a student receives a G, it is considered a U (this means not graded). An A* is a rare score, with each subject usually only about 7% of students achieving an A* with different assessment methods.
Possessing an IGCSE certificate will open up opportunities for you to continue your studies in a modern and professional education system at home or abroad.
- Choose enough and correct subjects in 5 subject groups: Creative and career, English and literature, math, natural science, social science.
- Choose 6 to 9 subjects: Out of 70 subjects in IGCSE, you need to choose at least 5 subjects (in which there are 3 core subjects – Math, Science, and English) to study in 2 years.
- Choose Core and Extended subjects: Students can choose about 3 out of 6 subjects as Extended. You can choose Math, English, Literature and one subject in the Science group.
- Depending on your interests: If you like science or business, you should choose related subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies…
For more: The most used IGCSE book collection
- Choose subjects based on aptitude: It depends on how much you like the writing part of each subject as the test will ask you to write essays.
- Choose a subject depending on the program you are attending: Each school will have a different training method, so each school will train different subjects so you should consider when choosing a subject.
- Choose subjects based on career orientation: Choose a subject where you can fully develop your skills and support your work.
To learn the best IGCSE program, you need to have a way to know how to choose the appropriate IGCSE subjects that are right for you to learn as well as develop yourself to contribute to the best career orientation.
For more: SSAT exam fees