How to get a 7 in IB English A: Literature?
giasuib.com – Getting an average point of IB English A: Literature is quite not hard, but gaining the maximum points of 7 is possible? Here is how to get a 7 in IB English A: Literature that you can consider.
- Develop vocabulary and grammar
Having a strong foundation with good verbal is an important prerequisite to scoring 7 in IB English A: Literature. When studying this subject, you will have to read complicated materials that included different meanings and styles, so one of the English skills you need to constantly strengthen and improve is lexis and structures.
In addition, vocabulary and grammar not only help students understand the meaning of literary works for analysis but also an effective tool to write essays. Do not forget to spend at least an hour a day enhancing your vocabulary and practice grammar structures by using many different writing methods.
- Practice analysis properly
If English skills such as listening, speaking, reading, and writing are the bare-bones methods for success, analysis is the substance that makes it easy to score 7 in IB English A: Literature. The better your analysis, the higher your grade. If you have good English skills but your analysis is limited, the score you can get is only 3 or 4 points (HL or SL).
The analysis type in IB program is quite different from other curricula because students need to focus on using a variety of literary techniques, which means avoid retelling rigidly and poor in using vocabulary and grammar.
For more: How can improve IB score quickly?
- Determine the personal style of writing
Essays are meant to communicate ideas to readers, so the best essays are written concisely. Usually, students assume that the longer and more complex an essay is written, the more clearly and fully the conveying meaning can be expressed, but the truth is not. Lengthy writing can easily make readers impatient because of time-consuming and not understand what the writer wants to convey, be selective and use advanced grammar (but not too difficult to understand) to demonstrate in the essay.
At the same time, you can apply PEEL (Point, Evidence, Elaboration, Link) structure to all paragraphs and ensure that your analysis always supports your points. These methods will help you determine if you can achieve the maximum points or just the average.
For more: Standards for bilingual academy
The benefits of getting high IB points
- Scholarships: Students who achieve high scores in IB program will receive a sponsored scholarship from their school as a worthy reward for their efforts.
- Increase chances of entering famous universities: Most universities around the world accept IB degrees and evaluate IB students in almost every way better than those who do not study this program. Especially for those who have a maximum or nearly maximum (6-7 points), the chance of being “hunted” is much more.
- University credit exemption: After completing IB course with good results, you will receive a tuition reduction equivalent to the results. Therefore, the more points you get the maximum of the subjects, you will save quite a lot of university costs later.
Try out these learning methods on how to get a 7 in IB English A: Literature that we share to make the impossible possible.