Methods to dominate AP Economics
giasuib – Methods to dominate AP Economics is essential for any student who is choosing to take AP Microeconomics or AP Macroeconomics classes.
- Is there Economics tutor?
- Why is AP easy to pass but difficult to get high scores?
- Does Ho Chi Minh city have Economics English tutoring center?
What content does AP Economics include?
Economics in the AP program is divided into two sub-disciplines: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. Each subject will teach different contents belonging to the Economics major.
In AP Microeconomics, students will begin to familiarize themselves with Economics concepts:
- Unit 1: Basic Economic Concepts
- Unit 2: Supply and Demand
- Unit 3: Production, Cost, and the Perfect Competition Model
- Unit 4: Imperfect Competition
- Unit 5: Factor Markets
- Unit 6: Market Failure and the Role of Government
In AP Macroeconomics, students will learn the following topics:
- Unit 1: Basic Economic Concepts
- Unit 2: Economic Indicators and the Business Cycle
- Unit 3: National Income and Price Determination
- Unit 4: Financial Sector
- Unit 5: Long-Run Consequences of Stabilization Policies
- Unit 6: Open Economy—International Trade and Finance
With the amount of diverse knowledge and requiring students to combine knowledge in books with practical knowledge of the economy taking place every day, the subject requires students not only to study in school and then read books, but also to find methods to dominate AP Economics if they want to get high scores in this subject.
Xem thêm: SAT exam preparation
Students can refer to some of the following ways to study so that you can conquer the tough AP exam.
- Master the foundational theory: Whether learning about Microeconomics or Macroeconomics, students should master the basic theory of concepts, models and applications and question types in the subject content. These are the basic knowledge bases, helping students gradually train their thinking ability to chain Economics events together and are the core knowledge to learn more details into applied exercises types afterwards.
- Cultivate academic English: AP Economics is taught entirely in English and memorizing all the economic terminology is not easy. In order to understand and grasp the entire program contents, students need to actively learn and continuously review the academic vocabulary specialized in Economics so that they can easily present their answers in the actual AP exam.
- Read Economic News: Spend at least 30 minutes a day reading domestic and international Economic news in English. Because the Economy in general never stands still, but always moves and has significant changes every day, referring to a variety of sources of knowledge outside of books is a way to build thinking and acumen in problem solving skills related to Economics. In addition, the knowledge from reality or the press will help students use the example form for the case studies given in the exam, from which, the examiner will appreciate your ability.
- Doing AP Practice Test: The last thing after preparing a rich academic English foundation, solid background knowledge and diverse understanding of Economics knowledge is to start doing AP Practice Test . This not only helps students become familiar with the types of questions asked in the exam, but also helps you optimize the time to do the test until you reach the time frame close to the real exam. From there, you will no longer be embarrassed when taking the real AP exam later.
For more: Should study AP or A-level?
giasuib.com – A place to share experiences of learning international programs such as IB, AP, A-level, IGCSE, GED… If you have any questions, please contact us directly by email or hotline for free advice.