Things to know about AP score
giasuib.com – AP (Advanced Placement) is a program designed by College Board for high school students (from 16 to 18 years old) who have the desire and ability to study intensively undergraduate subjects. In order to orientate clearly about this program, let’s explore things to know about AP score.
AP exam scores are a combination of two sections: the multiple-choice which are scored by computer and free-response sections are scores by AP teachers who have experience teaching corresponding college courses. AP exam is scored from 1 to 5 point as below:
|AP Exam Score
|College Course Grade Equivalent
|Extremely well qualified
|A+ or A
|Very well qualified
|A-, B+ or B
|B-, C+ or C
Some universities and colleges in US accept AP scores for course credit, others accept to place students into higher-level courses, and some do both. The requirements of each university are different, but most will require a minimum score of 3 or 4 to enter the university.
What are the benefits of AP program?
- AP program helps you get to know well college subjects, so when you study at universities or colleges, you will have more confidence and experience.
- You can practice your skills at the undergraduate level as well as for future careers such as thinking, reasoning, critical skills, writing skills, time management… during AP course in high school.
- Researching intensively on a subject or field helps you discover and develop your own abilities and strengths, giving you a clear orientation in choosing a future career.
Necessary things about AP exam
You will choose 3 subjects in 7 groups:
- AP Capstone Diploma Program
- History and Social Sciences
- Math and Computer Science
- World Languages and Cultures
AP exam is held in May every year, usually lasts 2 weeks and the outcomes will be announced in July. AP exam fees are $95 in the US and Canada, as well as $125 in other countries. In Vietnam, you can take the AP exams at international schools that offer AP programs such as:
- Saigon South International School (SSIS).
- International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC).
- The American School (TAS).
Hope the information about things to know about AP score above is useful for you.
For more: AP program exam preparation