Topics in IGCSE Biology
giasuib.com – IGCSE Biology is a subject that helps learners gain an understanding of the basic principles of biology through a combination of theoretical studies and practice. However, do you know topics in IGCSE Biology?
Bài viết liên quan:
IGCSE curriculum is designed for students from 14 to 16 years old equivalent to secondary school in Vietnam. Students will have to choose between 6 and 9 to study for two years drawn from a list of 70 subjects. The selection of subjects is often related to the industry that students will attend college and career orientation in the future. IGCSE courses help students develop communication skills, creative thinking skills, problem-solving skills and teamwork.
IGCSE has always been accepted and appreciated by universities as proof of student achievement. If this is one of your chosen subjects, do you know what topics in IGCSE Biology include?
For more: Find IGCSE tutors for students
21 topics that will be covered in IGCSE Biology subject include:
- Characteristics and classification of living organisms.
- Organization of the organism.
- Movement in and out of cells.
- Biological molecules.
- Plant nutrition.
- Human nutrition.
- Transport in plants.
- Transport in animals.
- Diseases and immunity.
- Gas exchange in humans.
- Excretion in humans.
- Coordination and response.
- Variation and selection.
- Organisms and their environment.
- Biotechnology and genetic engineering.
- Human influences on ecosystems.
For more: Where to find IGCSE prep books?
Besides, of the 21 topics, you will learn in IGCSE Biology, there will be 5 topics that are especially important in the subject:
- Nature and diversity of living organisms: Includes the definition and characteristics of living organisms including plants and animals; fungi, bacteria, protozoa, viruses, pathogens, cell structure.
- Structure and function in living organisms: Includes cell structure and biological elements, movement of cellular substances, nutrition, respiration, gas exchange, movement, excretion, coordination and reaction.
- Reproduction and genetics: Includes the process of fertilization and reproduction of plants and humans, describing genetic patterns by genetic diagrams, explaining the meaning of terms such as dominant, diving, homozygous, heterozygous, genotype, chromosome, gene mutation, DNA structure…
- Ecosystem and environment: Includes the definition of ecosystem and environment, organisms in the environment, relationships, ecosystem cycles, human influence on the environment and ecosystem.
- Use of biological resources: Includes main items such as food production, seed selection for plants, genetic modification and duplication.
Now you know all the topics in IGCSE Biology.
For more: IGCSE exam preparation online