What courses does AP Math include?
giasuib.com – Few only know that Mathematics subject in AP programs isn’t called AP Math like other international educational programs, but instead it’s called as something way more unique. This has caused many students to face difficulties in finding out what courses does AP Math include?
AP Math – also known as AP Calculus – consists of 3 different courses: AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics.
- AP Calculus AB often introduces generally about the subject such as derivative and integral.
- AP Calculus BC includes AP Calculus AB’s knowledge and supplement more such as Taylor series, parameter equations, integration by parts, vector calculus…
- AP Statistics is the same subject at university and the topic is focused on statistics methods.
AP Calculus AB and BC are scoring from 1 to 5 with 3 is a passable grade. The structure of two courses are the same and as below:
|Number of question||30||15||2||4|
|Time allowed||60 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes||60 minutes|
For more: 5 tips to pass the “tough” AP exam
The differences between AP Math AB and AP Math BC
Now we’ve already known what courses does AP Math include, so what is the difference between AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC? What are the benefits these courses bring to students?
|AP Calculus AB||AP Calculus BC|
|Purpose||The content of this course is as same as the knowledge which student studied in high school, the level of this course is general and average.||The content is a full year course in the calculus of functions of a single variable and these added, the level of this course is higher than AB.|
For more: How to quickly improve AP score?
So, what benefits can these two courses offer to the student?
- Math is as same as a sport for brain, so AP Calculus will help the student improve their reflex quickly and more effectively.
- Developing critical-thinking skill while advancing in high concentration level of deep thinking.
- Math is always highly regarded by the top universities which is why Math is often chosen as the main subject for college admission.
For more: AP examination with AP preparation courses
giasuib.com – A place to share experiences of learning international programs such as IB, AP, A-level, IGCSE, GED… If you have any questions, please contact directly by email or hotline for free advice.